*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Friday, April 13, 2012

Mouse's Cherry Tree


I've been arting again! The flowers are all blooming around here. We have a gorgeous Japanese Cherry Kwanzan tree in our yard that inspired me to try this project. The background is watercolor and the blossoms are mulberry paper dyed with watercolor (pink) and yellow stamping ink in the middle. The leaves are green mulberry paper. I'm pretty pleased with how it came out.

Happy Spring!




6 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

That is really pretty. I love the texture of the mulberry paper.

Brian Miller said...

lovely...nice use of texture too....i love the blossoms esp when they shower down...

Marcoantonio Arellano (Nene) said...

It is lovely. I new we were only seeing a small window into your expansive and diverse talents.

Psst, my birthday is coming
(Apr.25)One of these spectacularl artistic prints would totally make me smile in the three languages I speak 8-), :?, 8-p

Have a wonderful sunny spring day

hyperCRYPTICal said...

You have a right to be pleased! Pretty cool interpretation of cherry blossom!

Anna :o]

not displayed said...

this is stunning. I love it.

Máire T. Robinson said...

Gorgeous painting! I absolutely LOVE cherry blossoms.