*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Untitled

photo by s. tardio 4.5.12
Do I have the right to mourn
a child who was never born?
Who perished by my own consent
from my body ripped and torn

Some may consider it a sin
ending life that could have been
but two other lives were saved
A situation none can win

And though it's been near thirty years
At times the memory still appears
I was the one who caused the loss
Am I entitled to the tears?


5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

yeah, you are...hard choices in life you know...and we make them the best we can...and deal with them as we move on...hard write...

Hey Monkey Butt said...

I can relate. Of course we can mourn and of course we should have our choice!!!!

Buddah Moskowitz said...

Yes, you are.
Been in your shoes.
You have my respect
and permission to cry,
if you want.

A supportive embrace,
Pop-o Moskowitz
pro-choice and proud

JustRex said...

There's a reason they call it a no-win situation. Mourn and be happy afterwards that you made the right choice.

It's all you can do.

Pat Tillett said...

Very thought provoking...
It's your decision either way, on both counts.