*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Monday, April 30, 2012

Maybe a Proselyte

© Mama Zen Photography
Maybe I'm just moonstruck
but the color of your eyes could inspire a religion
and I could write a hymn
to every laugh line when you smile
Maybe it's just the moonlight
that has softened our faces
and given us a glow
but when I'm with you I feel like I'm still a kid
Maybe it makes dogs howl like wolves
Maybe it unites lovers
Maybe it incites lunacy
Maybe it's just a moon
but when I feel my heart race like this
I am a proselyte.

9 comments:

Susie Clevenger said...

Moonstruck..I love that feeling. When it doesn't matter that I have aged and my husband looks at me with such love...beautiful poem

Buddah Moskowitz said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love poems that celebrate the love and eros of growing middle aged. (That's how I read it.) Passion is certainly not the prerogative of the young! Beautiful!

Fireblossom said...

I like it, Mouse Girl! I would probably like it even more if I knew what a pros...pers...what one of those is!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I have never been moonstruck that I can remember

Brian Miller said...

smiles...still being together to see those changes itself is a beautiful thing these days...smiles...love it

Kerry O'Connor said...

This is just an excellent exploration of emotions and objectivity. I loved it.

JustRex said...

It seems like it wasn't all that long ago that I became a proselyte to your words.

And I have been bowing and leaving little sacrifices ever since.

Helena said...

I can still remember the first flush of love I felt for my old man. Still gives me the butterflies at times (he scrubs up well!) but for passion's sake don't tell him!!!

Maude Lynn said...

I am crazy about those first two line! Wow!

Sorry it took me so long to get here. Been terribly sick, dahling.