- There was something he was supposed to remember. There was something he was supposed to remember, but he was darned if he knew what it was. John tried to focus his thoughts through the soft sweater fuzz that seemed to cover his brain. What was he supposed to remember? It was on the tip of his tongue, like the bitter taste of this morning's coffee. He hadn't had a decent cup of joe since his wife died a week ago. No, that wasn't right. A month ago? Maybe a year. That woman knew how to make coffee. John looked around him at what was once his proud home. It was really starting to show its age, like him. He glanced down at his feet. Where were his boots? Who had taken his boots? He needed his musket by him all the time now, to protect him. John closed his eyes and tried to remember. The effort made him sleepy. He leaned back in his chair. He had been a hero once. He knew that much.
Thursday, December 30, 2010
Make It Up Monday #1: 52 Weeks of Wordage
Make It Up Monday #2: 52 Weeks of Wordage
- We're already late for Mama and now we got us a flat! She's gonna be loaded for bear when we get there now. I don't even want to think about it. "Don't you fret, kiddo! I've got a spare in the trunk, and I'll have us on the road again in no time!" Yeah, right. That was, like, a hundred hours ago, and it don't look like he's fixin' to finish this job any time soon. And he's whistlin' too! Don't seem to bother him none that Mama's gonna be yellin' and screamin' and all red in the face cuz he's late again bringing me back from his weekend. Sure, he'll just smile his crooked smile and say, "Aw, c'mon, Jess, you know I'm tryin' my best for the girl. And I sure do miss your pretty face too." And Mama will just roll her eyes and tell him to grow up, and I'll get stuck with her ugly mood the rest of the night. I ain't never gettin' married when I grow up.
- Wednesday, September 01, 2010 1:21:00 PM
Make It Up Monday #3: 52 Weeks of Wordage
- “I’m not sure where to begin. There’s a group of four people dressed in Victorian looking clothes, but not totally. One has goggles, and one of the guys has gel in his hair. They approach another guy, also dressed in Victorian-type clothes, on the street. He’s got some sort of weird eye piece and a hat. He’s carrying something on his back. The group confronts him and demands his hat! I don’t know why. The guy with the hat and eyepiece says that he’d rather die like a mongrel dog on the street than give them his hat. Then the guy in the military uniform pulls out a sword and says, ‘So be it!’ That’s when I woke up. What do you think it means?” “Hmm, we don’t really do much dream interpretation any more, but how have you been sleeping?” “Fine, I guess.” “Any other side-effects or issues you’ve noticed?” “No…” “Well then, sounds like you’re doing well. Let’s continue on the same dose and I’ll see you again in a month.”
- Thursday, September 09, 2010 9:53:00 AM
Make It Up Monday #5: 52 Weeks of Wordage
- Old man sits and grinsHe has secrets you don't knowLaughing, he won't tell.Tuesday, September 21, 2010 1:34:00 PM
Make It Up Monday #6: 52 Weeks of Wordage
|submitted for image 46 at Magpie Tales|
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)