*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Monday, March 28, 2011

Tuscany

Life is slow; the grapes can grow
We stroll among the olive trees
And feel the gentle mountain breeze
This land I've quickly come to know.

Barn swallows swoop down to below
They steal our bread with studied ease
Life is slow; the grapes can grow
We stroll among the olive trees.

Each morn we hear the rooster crow
See sunflowers taller than our knees
Each sun's alive and hums with bees
No clock to dictate ebb and flow
Life is slow; the grapes can grow
We stroll among the olive trees.


submitted for Poetry Potluck, Trips, Travel, and Vacation
                    Experimenting with Poetry Forms, Rondels
One Stop Poetry, Rondels II

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm, my dream! your poem just wants me to go right now now now! :)

Jingle said...

fun take..
love the photo shot.
Thanks for sharing.

A++

The Book of Shadows (The Dark Side) said...

A great expression in Rondels... and you added a soft touch with your words, painting the image.. :)

Nice write..

Oh yes, can I also invite you to my new meme, TT - Tuesday Thankfulness.. It can be of a new post or old, written in poetry or in pictures as long as there is a thankfulness in it.. Do join in and certainly hope to see you.. :)

Anonymous said...

lovely lola.. here's my potluck.. http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2010/04/07/frozen-fears/

Lyn said...

You really put me in this lovely place..I want to stay!!

Marcoantonio Arellano (Nene) said...

Love the rondels. it's like singing a song.

Charlie Parant said...

Very nice images and rhyme pattern...is this a form of a rondel?

Uma Anandane said...

Nice!I can see the vision.Thanks for linking in..good day!

Semaphore said...

I can breathe in the scent of olives here, and the ease of life. You've woven into your rondel an atmosphere of such sunshine and leisure. Thank you.

Olivia said...

oh man! this is awesome!

Life is slow; the grapes can grow
We stroll among the olive trees..

What beautiful portrayal.. this is just so serene.. wish I was there (my wish- list is ever- growing)..

This is an awesome treat! Sunflowers reminded me of how it was last year at my garden.. each one of the stems were 3" in dia!!

Hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

What a lovely relaxing poem! You conjure up the idyllic life so clearly. Nice image too!

http://jessicasjapes.wordpress.com/2011/03/24/first-kiss/

Paul Andrew Russell said...

Very nice. :-)

Lolamouse said...

Charlie: Yes, from my understanding, if you add a 14th line to a rondel so that it ends in AB instead of just A, that makes it a rondel prime or French sonnet.

M. A. S. said...

I really really like "Barn swallows swoop down to below They steal our bread with studied ease"