*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Monday, June 10, 2013

Nocturna

source
As daylight turns to dusk and night descends
I focus on a bright and distant star
and think about the people I've called friends

From underneath a pale and yellow moon
I wonder how we've scattered out so far,
how some of them have left me far too soon

But in my dreams, their faces I still see
and pondering their fates and where they are,
I wonder if they ever dream of me.

6 comments:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I liked this, I know I often wonder if the people I think and dream about ever think or dream of me......

Unknown said...

I've wondered that exact same thing too!

Grace said...

I love this beauty LM ~ I wonder too how we've all scattered so far and wide ~

Lovely work on the form and you got the linked words too - star/far/are ~

Thanks for participating in Sunday's challenge ~

J Cosmo Newbery said...

That is really sweet and gentle. A lovely read - thank you.

Marcoantonio Arellano (Nene) said...

Beautiful, mi amiga.

Dang!, I was thinking the very same thing.

Gracias for sharing

Kerry O'Connor said...

I found this a difficult form, but yours flows so well and each tercet has a nice sense of completion which I thought mine lacked.