*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Soul's Whisper

photo by Ella Wilson
The more you scream
the less I hear
The more you insist
the more I resist
The more you demand
the less I comply
Your protestations, judgments
make me more accepting
Your damnation
makes me embrace the damned
Your profligate piety
leaves me revolted
Your smug certitude
makes me question all
No one knows
least of all, you
Faith
is a whisper from the soul
Shut your mouth
Perhaps you will hear.


11 comments:

Fireblossom said...

This is fierce! I love it. Peez shut mouf!!!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Wonderful poem. I know the kind of religion that breeds resistance very well. Terrific write.

Laurie Kolp said...

Fabulous piece... especially the ending.

Brian Miller said...

dang. tight close on this...ha...perhaps if more listening and less talking was done we would...

kaykuala said...

Right on,Lola! Some people ought to realize the decorum expected in human dealings. Your verse is powerful. Great!

Hank
P/S I'm making a first time post in your 'Toads' in a short while.

Maude Lynn said...

This is outstanding.

Ella said...

Well Done! I love your take on the prompt! :D

nene said...

I didn't say nothing!

Anonymous said...

yes! brilliant! ♥

Hyde Park Poetry Palace said...

notice that you won the perfect poet award for poets rally week 57, welcome take it,

join us any time when you are free.

outstanding poetry along the way, truly enjoyed your lasting support.

keep rocking.
smiles.

xoxox

Pat Tillett said...

I love the entire thing and the ending is amazing!