*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Musings on the Year's End

source: Google images
And so another year has slipped on past
We wonder what we've learned and what it means
and whether what we've done is meant to last
Replaying last year's memories and scenes
before our life demands and intervenes

How did the year live up to what we planned?
What do we see behind us where we stand?
We should not mourn the year that's come and gone
The cards were dealt and so we played the hand
New year, new hand and so the game goes on.

11 comments:

Fireblossom said...

I had to mortgage Baltic Avenue last year. Next year my goal is land on Free Parking!

BB said...

Maybe we can get a free shuffle if the new year doesn't quite start off well!! Great poem

nene said...

The cards have been dealt and the hand has been played, now if we could get more to play the same card game called the game of human kindness.

Happy or at least a fair shake New Year, Lolamouse.

Steve Bailey said...

2012 is gonna be the absolute best!!!

Sincerely,
Everyone but the Mayans

Brian Miller said...

the new year is an opportunity waiting for those that seize it...hope you play your cards well...smiles...

Shauna said...

insightful as well as lryical.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Yes, indeed. I love the fresh feeling of January 1st. A whole year ahead to unfold before us. We shall write our way through!

not displayed said...

So very true. No point in regrets, best to look forward.

Here is to a wonderful fun and creative 2012. And to lovely bloggy friends

JustRex said...

Oh lawsy. So many card related remarks popped into my head.

But I'll just hold my hand over my mouth so I don't get decked. (grin)

Maude Lynn said...

I like this! Interesting form.

Pat Tillett said...

After some middle of the road hands, I've finally been dealt the good stuff! Looking forward towards the next hand...