*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Sunday, January 4, 2015

To Portland

photo source
She knew she had to break away
from small town ways and small town minds
For sanity, she could not stay
Her spirit had been too confined

The left coast called to her again
And she would answer it at last
To thoughts of what she might have been--
A middle finger to the past!

submitted for Imaginary Garden With Real Toads, Flash 55 Plus

13 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

YES!

brudberg said...

A middle finger to the past.. yes I think that's a great reason to get going.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Perfect! I love the added extra of the rhyme.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

LOL, oh yes, we were on the same wavelength, werent we? Good one, kiddo. I so resonate.

Grace said...

I am smiling at the ending, ha ~ Good one LM ~ Happy New Year !

Fireblossom said...

Well I never.

lol

Marcoantonio Arellano (Nene) said...

would ...a middle finger to the past...be considered life rage vs road rage?

Timoteo said...

I love the ending. Hey, let me do that right now.

hedgewitch said...

If it wasn't for that middle finger, I would be speechless a LOT. ;_) Love the spirit here, LM.

Susie Clevenger said...

Yes! Give 'em the Texas howdy as we say here. :)

Kay L. Davies said...

Like everyone else, I love the middle finger, Ms Mouse. Nicely done, indeed.
Luv, K

Yvonne Osborne said...

The Thumb Coast calls to me! Love, love a middle finger to the past.

Good One and Happy New year!

Anonymous said...

awesome ~