*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Friday, January 30, 2015

Lavender Memories

source
If I could paint
I would paint the two of us walking
in a field of lavender
The sun warm on our faces
The bees dancing around our ankles
but never stinging because
we are so full of joy there is no room
for pain
You would tuck a sprig of lavender
behind my ear
I would nestle one in your shirt pocket
We would walk hand in hand
swinging our arms like kids
singing songs we make up
When we get home
I would place the blossoms between
dictionary pages so that when we open it,
scented memories would waft over us
This is what I would paint
if I could paint.

submitted for Imaginary Garden With Real Toads, Transforming Friday w/Nature's Wonders

11 comments:

Hannah said...

Such an amazing full body experience here!! You painted it in words and that's a gift...truly.

Thank you for joining, lolamouse!

brudberg said...

I would love to find lavender bloom in my dictionary - a walk through the fields that will linger.

Debi Swim said...

Oh, but you did paint a beautiful picture but with pastel words. Beautiful

Maude Lynn said...

This flows beautifully. Gorgeous work.

Unknown said...

So romantic!

Anonymous said...

what creative painting,
I am glad that you enjoyed it.

cheers.

you are tagged in my place,

please participate thursday poets rally between Feb 4 to Feb 18, keep inspiring us.

Kerry O'Connor said...

I love the way the opening lines leads the reader in to the scene you have painted with words.

Susie Clevenger said...

What lovely pen strokes you have painted across our imaginations.

Marian said...

But you did paint it. Love this.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Yes, you painted it, and swept us right inside the painting.

Margaret said...

…and I'd buy that painting!