*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Migraine Art

Been really struggling with daily migraines for the past week or so, and the usual preventives and rescue meds aren't doing the trick so much. Very frustrating. Difficult to focus on reading or computer related activities with demons twisting your optic nerves. 

Anyway, I did manage to put together this piece expressing my mood of late. Thanks to Micael C. for his idea of using print pages for the background, which I blatantly stole from a favorite painting of his that's hanging in my art room.


10 comments:

not displayed said...

I love this and the use of the printed paper as the background.

Sorry you are under the weather and I hope you are feeling brighter soon.

Linked you on my blog tonight. Thank you for taking part in my fun

Petronela said...

Congrats on your art, it;s a very subtle message :). Kisses.

Brian Miller said...

this is really cool...and i def like the print pages as the back ground...i hope these pass for you...

Jotter Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jotter Girl said...

Whoppsie, what I meant to write was that I love the artwork, not that you have a migraine. Feel better. Besides the headache, I hope all is well with you.

M. A. S. said...

Is the plastic a broken pill bottle? The pieces on the left look like bullets to me. That gives a whole different feel to it.

JustRex said...

Dang. I'm sorry to hear that.

And of course now I have that song stuck in my head, thank you very much! (grin)

Sherry Blue Sky said...

So sorry you are having such pain. But love the visual you've put together....pretty cool!

Crayotic Ramblings said...

This is utterly brilliant! I love it. Hope you're feeling a bit better.

Fireblossom said...

I think you're being tormented because you haven't accepted Jay as your personal savior. He's this thirty year old single guy who hangs out with a dozen or so other dudes, and he wears sandals and has this movie-director beard. I think he's some kind of experimental artist or something, or maybe something with fabrics, I'm not sure. Invite him into your life; he's sure to show up with a nice zinfandel.