*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Friday, May 13, 2011

Mirror, Mirror

image source

Mirror, mirror hanging on the wall
Help me to accept the girl I see
Black or white or tan, my skin must be
Protection from the evil words I hear.

Mirror, mirror I hold in my hand
Let me see the beauty that's inside
Guide me to embrace this body mine
And not believe in unreachable lies.

Mirror, mirror just behind my door
Is it a trick of light or trick of mind
That I can never see within myself
The grace I see in others all the time?

submitted for Thursday Think Tank, #48 Mirrors, at Poets United

3 comments:

Olivia said...

hmmm! Infact, women are more gracious.. or so it is (hehe)

I liked the concept of mirror talking. Wrote one myself long back.. well that was a dark one.. (what is it with me n dark anyway?)

I am glad blogger is u. It was so frustrating to be not able to comment.. Thank goodness that's over!

Hugs xoxox

Ella said...

I love how you wove it back n' forth, then ended with the last line,"that I can never see within myself the grace I see in others all the time?"
The question we all dance with....Great Job~

trisha said...

we all are alike, are not we? :(