*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Monday, September 26, 2011

Do a Little Doodle

This is for you, Mynx! I am venturing out of my written word genre to "do a doodle" for Mynx's contest to win one of her cute little paintings. I have never used watercolors before (heck, I haven't painted since grade school!), but after seeing all the fun you artist-types seem to have with your canvasses, I went out and bought a beginner's brush set, a paint set, and a pad of watercolor paper (too cheap to buy canvasses for my own pathetic attempts!) Any advice on using these babies would be greatly appreciated, as I really don't know what the heck I'm doing! Of the 3 paintings I made today, this one was the only one I that didn't make me either nauseated or laugh hysterically, so here it is, Mynx.

Check out Mynx's blog, Dribble, for more fun!

8 comments:

Brian Miller said...

nice...i like the layering of the colors in the background...and the strong lines of the trees...

BB said...

This came out great! Fun. Mynx will love it!

Crayotic Ramblings said...

I just scared the dogs in screeching with delight.

This is fantastic.

My only advice is - much like what I told Mynx months ago: Just do it! And no, I am not a stinky ol' sneaker.

Just create. Let it come.

LET IT BE.

Fantastic!!!!

not displayed said...

This is so wonderful. I love it. I am yes to try watercolours.
Thankyou so muh for joining the fun

JustRex said...

Very nice. I'd say you have some talent. A renaissance woman if there ever was one!

Lolamouse DaVinci? (grin)

Fireblossom said...

I like it! I have no artistic talent whatsoever. I can draw cartoon elephants and cartoon cats. That's it!

Rachel Hoyt said...

I have been feeling like I should do some doodling too although it has been quite a while. :) I love the colors you used. It is very pretty. Who cares if you rival DaVinci. Did you have fun painting? :)

Marie Nicole said...

Wow, this is AWESOME!