*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Friday, December 5, 2014

Carmilla

When the inky black of night
Washes over the day's canvas
That is your time

Your blood red lips
Your alabaster skin
mesmerize
Your scent
intoxicates
Your raven hair
binds me
even as I stroke it

I bloom under your touch
With each soft unfolding
I become more of you
and less of myself

With the sun
you are gone
I sleepwalk
through the shell of the day
waiting for yellow/pink sky
to become indigo

Come the gloaming
We drink each other in
Nourishing
Depleting
Again and again.

submitted for Imaginary Garden With Real Toads, Bits of Inspiration, Queen of the Night




6 comments:

Ellecee said...

I really enjoyed this lovely sensuous poem. I especially liked the lines
"Come the gloaming
We drink each other in" So nice,,,,

Anonymous said...

Sounds pretty enticing! A vivid sensuality. Thanks. k.

brudberg said...

The merging of to loveres is extremely vivid in this poem

Susie Clevenger said...

What a beautiful, sensual piece. Thank you so much for writing for the challenge!

Vandana Sharma said...

Amazing!!! the emotions, love, scenery flowing flawlessly!

Vinitha said...

Lovely poem. :)