*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Monday, October 20, 2014

A Grain of Truth

photo by glitterdarkstar
You pour lies into my waiting cup
I drink them greedily
like an addict
They go down
smooth and warm
They feed
a lack

I know they devour
as they fill
Leave a bigger hole
in my soul

This is how I exist:
empty fullness
full emptiness
Craving more
You always oblige

I hate you
I want more.

submitted for Imaginary Garden With Real Toads, Sunday Challenge, In Other Words

5 comments:

Grace said...

That is a deadly cycle LM ~ It seems we are always craving for more lies and emptiness to fill our ever increasing hole in our soul ~

Anonymous said...

Agh. This is such a human circle/cycle--and you have described it so honestly and brutally and powerfully here. Really striking, Lola. Thanks. k. (Manicddaily)--I may need to respond from my other not-used blog--

Pat Tillett said...

Hi!

I've sure been there. Give me misery, give me ecstasy, just keep giving me something. Great poem!

Marcoantonio Arellano (Nene) said...

when i think of lies, i think of the bigger ones disseminated by those affecting governance. yet, there are those lies that are bestowed upon us that are close to us in a relationship. in these, they are but a means of self defense, aggrandizement or manipulation. are these of the one's you speak?

Kerry O'Connor said...

I suppose lies are sometimes better than uncomfortable truths or may seem so, but self-deception can never end well. I'll take the grain of truth.