*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Avant-Girl

Street Art by Saki and Bitches, London East End  (photo by lolamouse)
I saw you walkin' down the street
Can't get you off my mind
Your brown skin glistened in the heat
Ripe peach from the behind
You flirt, you flaunt with your tight dress
Your hair is waves of blue
You leave me shakin' and a mess
Don't know what I'mma do
Girl, you know you're fresh and brash
And you make my mind whirl
Some folks be sayin' you're just trash
But you're my avant-girl.

9 comments:

Ella said...

I love how you brought the art to life~ You paint real pretty with those words!

Jim said...

I too love this one. This person is living to us through your apt-penned keyboard.

This May may been just about our last visit to London. I didn't know of the building art by this one or I would have peeked in on some. Google found me 44 but your nice find was missing there.
..

brudberg said...

Such tantalizing description .. Saying someone like that is trash mostly comes from people who know trash best - the trashing folks. Love the avant-girl and the pic

Marcoantonio Arellano (Nene) said...

very playful and fun. i think i've seen an avant-girl.

nice sprite piece, mi amiga

Fireblossom said...

You know, I had heard this about London, that it is full of art treasures. This one must surely be worth millions.

hedgewitch said...

Sassy and salty-sweet, LM. Great take on the art, and the art of being sexy.

Buddah Moskowitz said...

Excellent - Avant-Girl!

Kerry O'Connor said...

Such h an excellent idea for a poem,LM and I love the jaunty, tongue-in-cheek tone of it.

not displayed said...

fun poem to go with colourful fun art. love it