*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Dark Pleasure

Dark Pleasure by Vandy Massey
I had forgotten what real was
until you reminded me
The taste was new, yet familiar
like a dream almost remembered
Each kiss,
redolent of sweet wine,
inky, dark and dangerous
Scarlet stains 
sticky on my lips
Burgundy bruises to remind me
Leaving me sated
and craving more.

submitted for Imaginary Garden With Real Toads, Sunday's Featured Artist,Vandy Massey


8 comments:

Fireblossom said...

Funny how a person can forget, until something or someone reminds them!

Hannah said...

This is provocative and delicious.

I love this...

"like a dream almost remembered"

Great likening.

Grace said...

This imagery is perfect for the picture:

Each kiss,
redolent of sweet wine,
inky, dark and dangerous -

Thanks for linking up with Sunday's Challenge LM ~ Happy week ahead ~

humbird said...

Love how colors entwined with tastes...a visual/sensual poem.

Anonymous said...

Just like the subject of the painting, a kiss can bring back the entire blooming tree!

brudberg said...

Oh I love the feeling of this... Sweet

Kerry O'Connor said...

The painting was begging for this poem!

not displayed said...

Very sensuous. Love it