*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Monday, February 11, 2013

Primal Fire

image by Joseph Lorusso

Lover, make me burn for you
like iron for a blacksmith
Make me glow with heat
Sculpt me
Shape me
Make me melt and then
Rearrange my molecules
to your liking
Let our heat be so intense
onlookers take a step back
and shield their eyes from our light
yet remain mesmerized
by the primal fire.

submitted for The Mag, Mag 155


Thunder Road (1979 concert) by BRUUUUUCE! (source)

9 comments:

Brian Miller said...

rearrange my molecules to your liking...dang....nice full commitment to those hands...smiles....nice hot piece mouse...

Wayne Pitchko said...

thanks for this......nicely done

Helen said...

Oooooooh ... poems that begin with the word 'Lover!' are the best!!!

Susan Anderson said...

Whew! Especially the rearrange my molecules part...

=)

Jinksy said...

More than steamy! :)

Tess Kincaid said...

Hot cast iron yeah...

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Oh yes! (Wouldn't mind being in that situation myself!)

Anna :o]

Anonymous said...

Yes, Lola!

Margaret said...

...shield their eyes... ha! My kids eyes would be bulging. :)