*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Down To the River

 River, Marina Moevs, 2005

You can give your sins to Jesus
You can wash them in the river
You can throw them in the ocean
But don't bring them to me

You can tell it on the mountain
You can tell in confession
You can tell it to a five buck whore
But I don't wanna hear it any more

Jesus may have died for your sins
but I'm not breakin' another nail
God may be callin' you home
but I'm lockin' the doors.

submitted for The Mag, Magpie Tales 98
      


18 comments:

Brian Miller said...

woohoo thats the way to tell it....smiles.

Margaret said...

This is great!

You can tell it to a five buck whore
But I don't wanna hear it any more

and the ending just brings it home! :)

Cathy Feaster said...

Amen!!

Mimi Foxmorton said...

Wow............

Once again.....*BAM!*

You make lightness so dark and deep......!

Lovin' it!
:)

Crayotic Ramblings said...

Yesss MA'AM! Can I get an Amen up in here?

Ginny Brannan said...

Wow, am sensing a whole lot of bitterness in this! Excellent write. Point taken, I'd say!!

Charleen said...

Ouch. Very powerful.

nene said...

Wow! five bucks, huh?

Helen said...

Bruce, Boss, Bruce ... down to the river! Look what you triggered!

Kay said...

wow!! strong, angry but fan-tas-tic!!

Doctor FTSE said...

Crikey! Dark, but true. Great - controlled anger here.

Maude Lynn said...

Hot damn, that's good!

Anonymous said...

Hell to the yeah!.. sometime we just have to lay it out there in plain english.
loved this:-)
Lynne

Dave King said...

This works for me, ticks all the boxes that matter. Excellent.

JustRex said...

Whoo. Lawsy yes. I'm just a Rev, not a priest fer Gawds sakes.

Ostensible Truth said...

ouch haha but a big hell yeah too - nicely stated!

J Cosmo Newbery said...

I'm with Caty: Amen!

Pat Tillett said...

Oh yeah! A first class rant of a poem!