*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Strawberry Lemonade

Kristen of Twinkle, Twinkle is hosting the second round of Summer of Color. This week's
challenge is Strawberry Lemonade. She based all of the challenges on ice cream inspirations.
(Thanks to Ella, of Ella's Edge, for posting about this cool challenge!)

First, some playing around with some of my photos and Pic Monkey (such an addicting program!)

and now, a poem...

Bonne Belle flavors
latched on belt loops
Maybeline kissing potion
tucked into back pockets of tight jeans
Strawberry lemonade lips
glossed and giddy
pink and pretty
shiny and shy
Could boys' kisses ever taste as sweet?

13 comments:

Caz said...

oh lovely ;-)

Kristin said...

So happy to have you! Thanks to you and Ella for playing along - and I LOVE your poem too, thank you! Kristin xo

Marcoantonio Arellano (Nene) said...

Sweet, lolamouse.

Mandy said...

great poem ...made me smile...and nice collage of photos too...spider is what???one of your paintings?...xxx

JustRex said...

I guess that would depend on the type of boys you hung out with, I guess. (grin)

Tori B. said...

I love the poem and as much as I don't like spiders, I like your's! Great use of the strawberry lemonade inspiration.

Sandi McLean said...

Lovely! You make me want to be 15 with summer before me!

Joanna said...

Wow, that spider, in particular, is stunning!

not displayed said...

Love the photos, so bright and love the poem. :)

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Beautiful and lovely work.
Lovely greet
Marja
(marjascreativity)

Fireblossom said...

No.

;-)

Shahrul Niza said...

OOHH love the photography, what a cool effect!. And great paintings, I especially LOVE the hot pink spider! She's a gorgeous spider!.

Kathy said...

Very cool ... love it...