*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Monday, July 9, 2012

Pondering Art



Jackson Pollock #5




and for you film buffs, I highly recommend:

banksyfilm.com


This is the inside story of Street Art - a brutal and revealing account of what happens when fame, money and vandalism collide. Exit Through the Gift Shop follows an eccentric shop-keeper turned amateur film-maker as he attempts to capture many of the world's most infamous vandals on camera, only to have a British stencil artist named Banksy turn the camcorder back on its owner with wildly unexpected results.

One of the most provocative films about art ever made, Exit Through the Gift Shop is a fascinating study of low-level criminality, comradeship and incompetence.
By turns shocking, hilarious and absurd, this is an enthralling modern-day fairytale... with bolt cutters.


5 comments:

Bryan White said...

While I think people can be a little too dismissive of abstract art sometimes, I do like to see a certain amount of skill in a piece of art. When someone says "My five year old could have done this", they're making a complaint about the lack of skill involved, not a statement that it expresses the spirit of a five year old.

Again, the complaint is often applied unfairly, and many of these pieces require more talent and skill than these people are giving them credit for. However, I think the complaint itself can be valid sometimes. Art shouldn't be something that any idiot can do by spilling a can of paint or throwing crayons at a canvas blind-folded. It makes me sad to see The Last Supper hanging next to three scribbles on a piece of poster board and both of them being called art.

Brian Miller said...

that is a very cool film...art at its purest is expression...other than that who is to say what is art...and the heart of the artist is often a lonely one, just hoping someone gets them..

JustRex said...

I've been told about that flick and I need to see it.

And your recommendation now makes me more determined.

Fireblossom said...

I only like charcoal drawings of peacocks.

Ella said...

Well Done and I felt the same till I looked beyond. I tried to imagine his childhood and the face there was mental illness. Then I fractured the view... :D