*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Friday, June 1, 2012

Nature's Music

source
Serenity surrender to restless ruminations
I return to the feral forest where rests make music's metre
Wooden sun bleached boards carry me through sighing Cypress
Moments and measures play longer by the cadence of the creek
Waterstriders wade like tiny persons paddling
Raucous red bellied woodpecker spies russet red tailed hawk
Bullfrogs burp; spring beauties blush. Senses soar like swallowtails.

4 comments:

JustRex said...

Ye gads. I almost dislocated my tongue trying to say that.

Daydreamer said...

I wanted to be..... there!
This made me smile and so did your comment about SuziQ :)

Helena said...

☼ Tis a peaceful pic and poem indeed. ☼

Brian Miller said...

haha fun piece....i like the sounds of it...smiles...and i always love returning to nature...