*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Saturday, September 27, 2014

For Allison In Portland

The misty morning rain and dove grey sky
Reminds me how the wet days make you smile
I swear I hear your laughter and I sigh
Imagining a bridge across the miles.

We'd put our boots on and go take a walk
We'd splash in all the puddles on our way
We'd joke and tease or maybe we'd just talk
A day I spend with you is the best day.

And even though I miss you constantly
I daydream in your room to feel you near
I know that Portland's where you need to be
So I would never try to keep you here.

So when you feel the rainy morning mist
Know that I am sending you a kiss.

submitted for Magpie Tales, Mag 238

2 comments:

The Blog of Bee said...

Allison in Portland is sadly missed.

Fireblossom said...

Oh gosh. I hope you are saving poems like these. They will mean the world to her. This poem is clearly straight from the heart, and, as a gal who also loves rainy weather, it went straight to mine.

ps--my beloved buddy Bosco passed away earlier this week. :***-( Not sure if I told you yet. I'm not firing on all cylinders.