*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Pigeon Superstition

source
You tell me that you love me
But you run so hot and cold
You hug me then you shove me
I just can't get a hold

You swear to God you need me
And then you walk away
You never wanna see me
Then you're beggin' me to stay

You're random with affection
I just can't seem to score
It's pigeon superstition
Keeps me pecking for more

You say that I'm so special
That no one else will do
But then I find your texts
with all the girls you wanna screw

You plead with me to keep you
You need me by your side
But I can't help from feelin'
I'm being taken for ride

You love me then ignore me
It's paradise or hell
It's pigeon superstition
and it's workin' so well

I love you and I hate you
You got me in a rage
It's pigeon superstition
and I'm stuck in the cage.

submitted for Imaginary Garden With Real Toads, The Tuesday Platform  and a very belated
Pigeon Superstition

16 comments:

Timoteo said...

Thanks for "dropping" that one on me.

Gail said...

I think you need a new partner.

brudberg said...

Alas we often stay until its too late.. we all have that bird's brain attached.

brudberg said...

Alas we often stay until its too late.. we all have that bird's brain attached.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is absolutely profound!!

Sweeper of Dreams said...

Oooh, yeah. This could easily be a great classic for our day. Beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

The pigeon superstition works very well in this poem... it's true we hold on longer than we should!!

Amy Barlow Liberatore/Sharp Little Pencil said...

Pigeon Superstition! What a metaphor! And yes, we all have held on when it was time to run... Nice to read you, Lola! Amy

Cressida de Nova said...

Run Run !!!. Enjoyed this and impressive use of rhyme.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

You have captured that type of relationship to perfection in this poem. Really well done. It resonates!

Bekkie Sanchez said...

Very nice!

Susie Clevenger said...

Wow! Girl gotta get out of that cage. :)

Maude Lynn said...

This is awesome!

Kerry O'Connor said...

Sing it, sister!

Fireblossom said...

Turn into a turbo-powered ninja pigeon with seven-foot wings!

Marian said...

Whew! Wanna hear you sing this.