*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Ode to A/C

You save me from the burning depths of Hell
From life in the Inferno oh so cruel
Embracing me in your arms, clean and cool
If not for you, in misery I'd dwell

But you surround me like an autumn breeze
Though better for your constancy and speed
So loyal, you are never to recede
My love for you keeps rising by degrees

Though some claim you are frigid, find you chilling
You've healing powers to which I avow
The remedy to soothe my fevered brow
What 'ere you ask of me, you'll find me willing

Through August depths you answer all my prayers
I love you, and I'll always put on airs!


3 comments:

Outlawyer said...

Ha. I am lucky not to love in a place where AC is needed. You have written a berh clever ode to yours! Thanks for participating. K.

Maude Lynn said...

So clever and true! I feel the same way about mine!

Helen said...

This is a perfect marketing ode/poem!