*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Mask

source
mASK me
I can be anyone you want, just
mASK me
I can be naughty or nice
Sweet or nasty
Your angel or
your whore
It's really all the same
Trick
Treat me however you wish
Pretend you don't know my name
Know my shame vanishes under the mask
So mASK me.


inspired by a glance around our local Halloween costume store in the Women's section, where every costume, it seemed, was overtly sexual and provocative

8 comments:

Fireblossom said...

I like the way you did that: "mAsk".

Buddah Moskowitz said...

This caught me so unaware. So naked, so vulnerable, so smart. Love love loved this.

Happy Halloween.

Anonymous said...

lolamouse, thanks for joining!

I often wonder why it's gotten to that - vamp a derivative of vampire. ~ M

Mademoiselle Modelle said...

Cool & I know what you mean about the costumes!

Mademoiselle Modelle said...

cool & I hear you about the costumes

BB said...

Great thoughts!! I do seem to notice that most women's costumes are very slutty now. I don't remember it always being this way or am I just getting older?

Anonymous said...

Lola,this is painfully true. Great writing.

not displayed said...

Hauntingly beautiful and thought provoking.
Loved it